Dr.Niyamatullah Essay Guidelines
Every year the Indian Society of Nephrology-Southern Chapter conducts essay writing competition in the memory of Dr. Niyamatullah. It is for MD/DNB, Medicine and Paediatrics students. The objective of this essay writing competition is to kindle the interest in Nephrology in post graduate students, when they are still in impressionable age. A gold medal is awarded for first prize winner and cash prizes are for the second and third prize winners. All prize winners are invited to ISNSC conference with all expenses paid (to the escort also).
The topic for this year is, SODIUM HOMEOSTASIS, DISORDERS OF SODIUM IMBALANCE AND MANAGEMENT The ISNSC requests, the Professors and faculty of Medicine and Paediatrics to encourage post graduate students to participate in this essay writing competition. The essay may be typed or legibly hand written. The tips to a write a better essay include,
- The essay may shape out well only when a large number of original articles, review articles and text book chapters are well read and the meaning is distilled.
- Better essays are only of 3000 words.
- Please do not copy sentences from any article, textbook, internet source or Uptodate. Please write the concept gained from these articles in your words and style.
- Please avoid spelling mistakes and follow grammar rules.
- Do not use long winding sentences. “Beauty is in brevity”.
- Liberal use of diagrams is desired. “A picture is worth a thousand words”. Do not forget to label the diagram, to mention representation on X and Y axes for a graph and units for all the values and to provide legend to the diagram.
- Do not repeat contents of a table again in text. The text should have the interpretation of the table. The heading of the table should be short.
- Always expand the abbreviations at the first use. Please avoid uncommon abbreviations.
- Please do not use adverbs, adjectives, exclamation and clichés.
- The best test for your article would be to show it your friend of an allied department (e.g., Physiology). If your friend has not appreciated it, it has to be rewritten.
- Always show it your Professor. Your Professor has years of experience behind him and has uncanny ability to find a fatal flaw, which you missed.
- The last date for submission is 10-12-2018; start the essay writing forthwith. Do not start on 15, November. Remember a better essay requires at least three revisions.
The essays in triplicate should reach Registered post is preferred. Dr Ravi Shankar B,Consultant Nephrologist, Room no 23,Mezzanine floor, Manipal Hospital,#143m 212 – 215, EPIP industrial area, Hoodi Village, KR Puram Hobli, Benguluru, 560066
Dr. Ravi Shankar.B
Hon. Secretary, ISNSC,
Tanker Award Abstracts - Guidelines
INVITATION FOR TANKER AWARD AND ABSTRACTS ISNSCCON 2019, TIRUPATI
The ISNSC invite submissions for Tanker award papers and Abstracts for free papers and poster presentations for ISNSCCON 2019. Students of DM/DNB Nephrology of the Southern states of India are eligible for Tanker Award.
For Tanker Award, please submit the complete original article replete with figures, tables and references. The study should have been done in Southern states of India.
Both the tanker award papers and abstracts for paper presentations can be submitted to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The abstracts should be structured under headings: Aim, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion; not exceeding 300 words. Please use of upper case only to the first letter of the words in the title and sub titles, not to all the letters. The title and sub titles should be in bold. Please avoid using the sub heading, ‘Authors’. The title should be in Times New Roman, font size: 14. The abstract including the sub titles should also be in Times New Roman, font size: 12. Please ensure to add your institute’s name and also email id.
The last date for Tanker Award paper submission: 10-12-2018
The last date for the Abstract submission: 10-12-2018
Please encourage your students, juniors, colleagues to participate in all scientific programmes.
All presenters of Tanker Award session should be the members of ISNSC. They should mention their ISNSC membership number or should produce a proof of provisional membership (like demand draft number of payment of membership fee). Please mention that the article is for the Tanker Award presentation in the subject line of email.
The presenters of free papers and posters are encouraged to become members of ISNSC. The procedure to become member of ISNSC is attached. If presenter is not a nephrologist then one of the co-authors should be and this should be underlined.
Please arrange the Tanker Award article in this order
Please arrange the Abstract in this order
- Title of the abstract
- Please classify your abstract into one of these headings: Clinical Nephrology, Dialysis and Renal Transplantation
- Email address
- Materials and methods
- ISNSC membership number or the details of proof of provisional membership. The presenter is encouraged to be a member of ISNSC
- Abstract to be a considered for: a free paper or a poster session